Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Do They Know It's Christmas?

I always anticipate that December will be a little crazy with finals and just being in grad school in general. But December 2011 has been the December from Hell. I have been bombarded with constant exams, homework, teaching, grading, term papers, thesis committee meetings, and finals since I returned from Thanksgiving Break.
I know I've been stressed and somewhat neurotic, but I've tried to be ignorant of the fact. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of threats uttered by me lately that involve me plunging a sharp object into the miscellaneous less intelligent persons I've come in contact with. I would never think of actually stabbing a person. Though I'm pretty sure that if I ever find out who stole my laptop battery last week; they will come out of our meeting with a bloody nose and a black eye.
But today, all of my repressed stress came out in liquid form in response to an email of all things.
Yes. I bawled when I saw the notification that my flight home for Christmas is this week. It's been a long semester.
After I finished bawling my eyes out, I realized that the end is in sight! I've already turned in three of my four take-home finals that are due this week (all of which were given to me last week) which just leave me with one more term paper (bringing the total to 14 for this semester!), one more take-home, and one in-class Advanced Molecular final on Friday!
I am almost done! It will be an epic moment when I walk out of my last final on Friday at 12pm, run home, and catch the shuttle to the airport at 12:30pm!
Sometime between now and that glorious moment, I need to find time to combat the laundry monster that is trying to escape my closet and confront the beast that is packing while finishing everything. But it is almost Christmas and I have a little guy at home waiting to meet his new favorite aunt!
Yes! My Dad and sisters stuffed my nephew into his Christmas sock! I think it's cute but my Mom is apparently upset that they did it. And she didn't much appreciate my comment that it's essentially a sleeping bag.
Sorry about the rant, people! I really hope that you all have a Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment: