Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Day With Galen

 So cutest thing ever happened a few weeks ago! It started when I got a phone call from Jeanette and she started out the conversation with, "Hi Jess! I have a proposition for you." Which is usually how she starts off requests for me to babysit her kids.
She then proceeded to tell me that two of the triplets, Brock and Quinn, had been invited to friends' houses the next Saturday and Galen, the other triplet, had not. She had asked Galen if he wanted to invite a friend over while Brock and Quinn were gone. He thought about it for a couple of minutes and then informed her that he wanted to invite me over or go to my house. So the whole phone call was to ask me if I wanted to hang out with Galen that Saturday.
Of course, I said yes. And apparently Galen was waiting close by for the answer so I heard Jeanette tell him that I had said yes. I then heard Galen shouting at his brothers, "I get to go to Jessie's house on Saturday and you don't." I then heard Brock and Quinn begging Jeanette if they could go to my house instead of their friends' houses. All I can say is that I felt very loved at that moment in time.
So that highly anticipated Saturday rolled around. I had racked my brain to think of something really special for me and Galen to do because I wanted to make sure it was awesome.
It truly was an awesome day. We ended up going to the Natural History Museum to the see the dinosaurs and stuffed animals. Then we went to the closest bookstore afterwards where I bought him a couple books. I have a feeling that these books will be fought over in his house starting with his Dad.
Oh, have I mentioned that Galen is a miniature me. He always has a book with him. He has a little backpack that Jeanette made that has a little bookworm on it with the caption "I devour books" on it. It is super cute and houses at least four books at a given time. He won't go anywhere without it!
In fact, I will be at their house and his brothers will be watching a Disney movie and he will be in a chair reading. He's reading chapter books and he is five!!! Well, all of the triplets can read. I guess that's what you get when your parents have PhDs and are professional scientists. He even does little things for his parents to earn money to buy a couple new books each month and he uses his library card like a shopaholic uses a credit card. This kid has stolen my heart. I love them all but I'd have to say Galen is my favorite.
To be fair, they actually read books as a family. Just a few chapters every night of the week with a couple extra hours on Sunday. They love this so much that they'll bring the current book they are reading with them when they spend the night at my house. Although, I guess I'm easier to talk extra chapters out of than their parents. They are so fun! I'm going to miss them when I move!

No comments:

Post a Comment