Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Is It Really 2013?


Ummm... Where did 2012 go?

For me, it was one heck of a year. I graduated with my master's degree! I started my second round of grad school (That PhD will be mine!). I finally made my first step to being a grown up and got my own apartment with no roommates and my own furniture! I survived Quantum Mechanics. But perhaps the most exciting was my family sending out our first missionary which is even more awesome since I have only sisters! Not to mention the fact that all my siblings and I are endowed and were able to go to the temple together! Go Courtney for representing our family in the mission field!

In regards to last year's resolutions, I unfortunately only accomplished 2 of my goals for 2012 but I'm very proud of both of them (Look at how many books I read last year!). Although, I was close to completing three. Somehow the month of October vanished quickly and combine that with a hurricane, my streak of attending the temple at least once a month was wrecked. I had a good 30 month streak though and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

As it is now 2013, it is time for this year's resolutions.

1. I'm going to read 52 books this year. I've been in grad school long enough to know that you need to do something that keeps you sane and for me that thing is reading.

2. I'm going to go to the temple at least once a month this year. I hope I don't mess this one up again. Although it will get interesting this summer when I move to Chicago and the temple is further away.

3. My sisters and I are competing with each other to get healthy. This includes eating healthier and losing weight. The current challenge is to lose 30 lbs by May. I am pitifully behind already although I am down 5 lbs!

4. I know I already made a resolution to read books but I'm going to make a specific one. I am going to re-read Les Miserables this year. All 1496 pages. That's only 29 pages a week. I loved this book when I read it the first time and I have read it a couple of times since then. This year looks to be a great year to re-read it since I just watched the movie. Heck, I might finally go see the musical.

5. And last but not least, it is my goal to try something new each month of this year. I'm hoping that this will not only broaden my horizons but help me cope with the stress that is going to come from things like taking quantum mechanics 2, moving to Chicago, presenting at my first Gordon conference, and hopefully passing the first half of my candidacy exam this semester! 

Let's hope this year is as good or better than this last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment