Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

March Madness Book of Mormon Reading Challenge 2012

So in the spirit of March Madness, I am participating in the March Madness Book of Mormon Reading Challenge with a bunch of ladies from my ward. The goal is to read the entire Book of Mormon from cover to cover. I'm a couple chapters behind but I've stayed on schedule for the most part. My friend Kate is the one who invited me to do this. Apparently her mother's ward down in Virginia does this every year. This is what a brother in her mother's ward said: 

Do you want to increase your testimony?
Do you want to feel closer to the savior?
Do you want questions answered?
Do you want peace?
Do you want hope?

Then, I ask you...
Are you ready to take on the challenge of reading the entire Book of Mormon in one month?

Russell M. Nelson, “A Testimony of the Book of Mormon,” Ensign, Nov. 1999, 69
In addition, this book can help with personal problems in a very real way. Do you want to get rid of a bad habit? Do you want to improve relationships in your family? Do you want to increase your spiritual capacity? Read the Book of Mormon! It will bring you closer to the Lord and His loving power. He who fed a multitude with five loaves and two fishes—He who helped the blind to see and the lame to walk—can also bless you! He has promised that those who live by the precepts of this book “shall receive a crown of eternal life.”
The Book of Mormon is true! I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

As Elder Nelson suggests, reading the Book of Mormon will tremendously bless your life. I challenge you to write down a struggle you are going through, problem you are battling with, something you would like to receive divine help on, or anything like unto that, and then take the March Madness challenge and see if at the end of the month you have not received what you were hoping for. I know that you will. Good luck.


Keep in mind the promise from Latter-day Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley: "Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power. . . .Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts . . . the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God” (“The Power of the Book of Mormon,” Ensign, June 1988, 6). Here is a schedule to help you keep track of your reading.

March Madness Book Of Mormon Daily Reading Schedule

1: 1 Nephi 1 - 9
2: 1 Nephi 10 - 15
3: 1 Nephi16 - 21
4: 1 Nephi 22 - 2 Nephi 6
5: 2 Nephi 7 - 16
6: 2 Nephi 17 - 26
7: 2 Nephi 27 - Jacob 1
8: Jacob 2 - Enos
9: Jarom, Omni, Words of Mormon, Mosiah 1 - 3
10: Mosiah 4 - 12
11: Mosiah 13 - 21
12: Mosiah 22 - 29
13: Alma 1 - 6
14: Alma 7 - 12
15: Alma 13 - 19
16: Alma 20 - 26
17: Alma 27 - 32
18: Alma 33 - 40
19: Alma 41 - 46
20: Alma 47 - 53
21: Alma 54 - 60
22: Alma 61 - Helaman 4
23: Helaman 5 - 10
24: Helaman 11 - 3 Nephi 2
25: 3 Nephi 3 - 10
26: 3 Nephi 11 - 18
27: 3 Nephi 19 - 28
28: 3 Nephi 29 - Mormon 7
29: Mormon 8 - Ether 5
30: Ether 6 - 13
31: Ether 14 - Moroni 10

I have written down what I want to achieve/learn and now I have told you my goal. I'm officially doing it this year and I will report my success or failure at the end of the month. Maybe I'll even  make it an annual thing. How about you? Are you brave enough to join me in this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment