Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Casting Lines

Well, it has been decided... I'm going to spend the next 4-5 years of my life getting my PhD from the University of Maryland, College Park. College Park is a different University of Maryland and not affiliated with the one I currently attend. I've accepted an offer to become a part of their nuclear chemistry program!
But that's not the best part! I have a position in a lab with funding!!! Not to mention, a summer job in that lab! And I will be working for Argonne National Labs! All of my dissertation research will be through them!  Some of you are probably thinking, "Isn't Argonne in Chicago?" (*Cough*...*Sterling*.) It is for those of you who didn't know.
I will be doing my classes and candidacy exam in Maryland, but as soon as I pass my candidacy exam, I move to Chicago until I'm done with my PhD! So two more years in Maryland then 2-3 years in Chicago, then I will have a PhD in Nuclear Chem! I will officially be on Argonne's/ my professor's payroll June 15! And I get to attend the Exotic Beam Summer School at Argonne with my professor paying for everything! I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this! I'm also deeply humbled to see the Lord's hand in how everything came together. I'm very blessed.
So here's to the next five years of school!

1 comment:

  1. (Okay, I know I'm way late in commenting....I'm a little behind in my blog reading.)

    This is super awesome! When you mentioned accepting the offer at Maryland, I didn't know also meant moving to Chicago after quals. That is soooooo cool. Can I come visit you sometime??

    ReplyDelete