Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

I Have EXCITING News!!!

This week has been amazing! I LOVE my classes! Who wouldn't love Oncopharmacology, Advanced Cancer Biology, and Methods of Drug Delivery?
I turned in my first rough draft of my thesis! My advisor just laughed when I turned it in. I met my 100 page requirement. My thesis clocked in at 101.5 pages plus references. Round 1 of thesis corrections should start in about a week. I'm going to enjoy my free time between now and then.
I was able to go to both FHE and Institute this week! I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was able to go again. The best part is that I should be able to attend regularly this semester since I'm not teaching and my TA duties aren't bad at all!
I also just read the best book! It is by one of my favorite authors of all time, Maria V. Snyder! It was so good that I couldn't put it down once I started it! I went to bed at 4 AM this morning. Not the best idea when you have early class. I almost regretted it when my alarm went off after 3.5 hours of sleep. I actually really enjoyed it even if I needed a nap between class and doing my homework today. If you like fantasy and want to read a good book, you should read Touch of Power. It. Is. Awesome!
In other exciting news this week, I got into TWO grad schools! Yay for starting to get an idea of where I'll end up in six months!
For the record, I was rejected at two schools before my first acceptance letter. I was a little worried that I wouldn't get in anywhere... And please don't tell me that my fear is unfounded. It is a very real fear with this economy.
But rain helps us to appreciate sunny days, so you can say I was a little ecstatic when I received the following:
I got in!!!
  I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried a few tears of joy about this! They have such an awesome nuclear chem program!!! I have a fully funded graduate teaching assistantship that includes a stipend, health insurance, and tuition.  My roommate, Nella, is voting for this one. I have seen an increase in UMD stuff in our apartment which is saying something. I'm really considering becoming a Terp.
Also I received fantastic news while I was out celebrating with my roomies. My friend, Casidy, who lives in DC was accepted to George Washington University's grad program in Higher Education Administration! Congrats, Casidy!!! Maybe we'll be neighbors for a few more years!
Then today I was accepted to the University of Utah! They also offered me a complete financial package! I'm going to see their program the first weekend of March! I know. It's basically a trip home but it's a free trip home on the University of Utah. Besides I want to see the program and facilities. And let's be honest, I love traveling! I love flying on airplanes! Not to mention it is close enough that my family can come visit me while I'm there!
It is going to be a hard decision and I still have 3 apps out under review. But I'm very blessed to see the Lord's hand in my life again. I know that He will direct me to where He needs me to be.

PS Do you all see the pretty widget that took me forever to get on my blog? I just had to point it out. For all the grief it caused me, I want people to notice it. My C++ professor from undergrad would probably ashamed of me at this moment. I was almost defeated by a widget of all things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Jessie!!! I can't wait to hear what you end up decided to do. :) Yay options!

    ReplyDelete