Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm a Jon Schmidt Junkie

Tonight, I was able to go to Jon Schmidt in concert down at the DC temple visitors center! I seriously love listening to Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson aka The Piano Guys! I listen to their songs while I'm studying, cleaning, driving... Ok, I listen to them all the time. I'm even subscribed to their Youtube channel. And I may or may not have put a request in for them to make an instrumental version of Secrets by One Republic. I love how they take classical music and mix it with current stuff! I also love how they take popular songs and mix them with other popular songs! It was seriously an awesome concert! I love seeing LDS artists in a church setting and getting to hear their testimonies. There's not many people who could play an instrumental version of Adele's Rolling In The Deep and still make it spiritual. So in honor of this latest concert, I've decided to post a few of my favorite videos of theirs from Youtube.  They played all of these except the last one at the concert.
 Moonlight by Steven Sharp Nelson

 
Rolling in the Deep by The Piano Guys

Love Story Meets Viva La Vida by Jon Schmidt

Pachelbel Meets U2 by Jon Schmidt

Charlie Brown Medley by The Piano Guys

1 comment:

  1. Want to know something!? They came to Logan on the 22nd and I took my mom to the concert for her birthday! It was seriously AWESOME :) I LOVE Jon Schmidt, and my mom does too, and she was nearly in tears at one point!

    Was Daniel Beck there by chance? He opened the concert in Logan, but he lives in Utah so it would make more sense if he was just here and not there. Aside from being a solo artist, he's been part of a music group called After Daybreak. One of the other members of the group lives in Baltimore, and the other lives somewhere in California. Sooo...I was wondering if maybe they were all there? Or two of them? Or just one, or none of them? Anyway, I love Daniel Beck too, so that's why I ask.

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete