Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

I Have An Office!!!

I know I've been updating my blog a lot lately! I'm about caught up I promise! I started working in a lab here at College Park. I love it but it is super hard! I'm having to switch gears from a biology mindset to a physics mindset. It has been a while since I took physical chemistry and even longer since I took physics. So I get to use this summer to get a handle on nuclear physics/chemistry since I got plopped in the middle of an astrophysics project. I even have my own project which will start soon and my clearance has gone through for both the reactors at NIST and Argonne!!! The exotic beam summer school at Argonne is in about a month! And I get to visit Idaho right before the summer school. I get to go to my really good friend Robert's wedding and I get to go through the temple with my little sister Corki! Oh, right! Corki got her mission call this last week! She's going to the Jackson, Mississippi mission! I'm so excited for her! But the most awesome thing about my new job is my new office. It's huge compared to my old office. It also has a pretty cool computer set up.
Isn't it super cool? Speaking of cool, I'm very lucky to have my own a/c unit in my office. The chem building at Maryland is old so it doesn't have a very good cooling system.
My chair swivels and reclines! It's a grad student's dream chair!
I have an extra table and an isotopes chart!
Pretty sweet computer set up, right? I'm starting to get the hang of using the mac for data analysis but I feel better having my laptop with me when I can't figure out how to do something on the mac.
My awesome Star Wars lunch box makes me happy! Besides the tin lunch box keeps my sandwich from being smashed!
This is the door to the lab suite my professor has.
The funniest thing is that it is located in the stairwell. My office is in a stairwell.
I'm loving my new school, professor, and office! I can't wait for the summer school at Argonne to start! And this fall is going to be epic and full of quantum mechanics and nuclear chemistry!

2 comments:

  1. WAIT. I KNOW THOSE STAIRS. HAHAHAH what floor is this on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the first floor of the chem building. I think I'm in wing 1.

      Delete