Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I've only seen The Wizard of Oz once but there is a part in it that rings true. Dorothy clicks the heels of her ruby red slippers together and says "there's no place like home." There really is no place like home!
My family is so awesome! I've also decided that it's better to get sick when mom is around because she took way better care of me than I would have of myself.
We've played games, laughed until we've cried, eaten until we're stuffed, and I'm steadily making my way through fixing everyone's computer. Did I mention that I met the puppies? I met the puppies. I really want one of my own!
The best thing of all: we went and saw the new Harry Potter movie! We got such a great deal! $5 a ticket! I remember most of us going to see the first one 10 years ago (10 years! Has it really been that long?) It was perfect! I ended the Harry Potter era just as I began it, with my family. And yes, the unicorn blood in the first movie still looks like the ink from one of grandma's gel pens. I'm proudly a part of the Harry Potter generation so I'm sure I'll read the books at least once a year and my kids (if I ever have any) will too. But even I have to admit, there is a small empty place in my heart now that it's all over. :(
I made my first from scratch red velvet cake for my sister's birthday and I thoroughly thumped my brother-in-law my first game of pinochle against him. I also helped my sister sew the baby blanket she's making for my first niece or nephew (and by help, I mean I stepped on the pins she dropped with my bare foot).
It's been an awesome week already! I can't wait for the next three weeks!
We may not have a lot but together we have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment