Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Some Things Never Change

I had the opportunity to have a long talk with one of my really good friends and we got to reminiscing about the 'good old days'. And as always reminiscence led to a discussion of the weird things we still do after six years of being adults. It was a very hilarious conversation and I'm very proud to say that I still do the following:
1. Partner dances are still performed with my eyes closed in order to concentrate on following my partner's lead and not trying to lead myself.
2. Otter Pops. Need I say more?
3. I still love X-Men, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Lord of the Rings whether it be movie, comic book, or animated TV series.
4. Hopefully they never quit making Cocoa Pebbles because I still eat it. I'll probably never eat the grown up versions of cereal.
5. I still haven't learned that reading Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Joan Lowry Nixon, or any other scary/suspenseful book before bed is a bad idea.
6. Libraries and bookstores are some of my most favorite places to be.
7. The Nightmare Before Christmas is still watched on Halloween and on Christmas (and whenever I feel like it).
8. I have no self-control when eating jerky.
9. Yes, I still play my nerdy city building games based on ancient civilizations.
10. My pillow is still my constant companion/comfort whether I'm watching a movie, reading, or studying.
11. I still love to stand in front of loud speakers at concerts and feel the sound move through me.
I'm glad that some things have stayed constant over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment