Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

100 Happy Days: Day One

It's been a little crazy and scary for my family and I the last few days. If you ever want to feel completely useless, try being over a thousand miles from home when there is a serious family emergency.
This last Saturday, Dad had a stroke. He's currently in the ICU and being treated for a number of things. Thankfully, the doctors say he should have a full recovery and things are looking better each day. 
That being said, I've been on a roller coaster of emotions the last couple of days. I've never been so scared in my life and I've never felt so guilty not being there with Mom and Britt. I know that there isn't really anything I could do if I was there, but it still seems wrong not being there. 
I've felt a lot of negative emotions since Saturday, but I've also felt a lot of positive ones as well. Like relief in finding out it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I've felt lots of gratitude for the family and friends who rallied around to help and offer support. I'm especially grateful for Brittany. She's the rock that's held us together the last few days. Pretty much, I've felt all of the emotions since Saturday.
I've seen a gratitude challenge going around Facebook and Twitter called 100 Happy Days. Basically, you showcase in pictures something that made you happy that day. And right now with everything going on, I need the reminder that there are lots of small things that make me happy every day and I want to be grateful for them. So I'm going to do this challenge and I'm going to post the picture every day to my Instagram and to this blog. I don't want to forget to be happy even though it's been a really depressing few days.
Today, homemade carne asada tacos with fresh avocado made me incredibly happy. Thank heavens for Tex Mex!
Here's to 99 more happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment