Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Since I babysit the Horde quite a bit, I'm lucky to hear/have some of the funniest conversations. I've started writing them down for their parents enjoyment and for Jeanette to put in each kids' scrapbook. These have been my favorites over the last couple of months.

While watching The Great Mouse Detective:
Quinn: Do you like Ratigan?
Galen:  No, I like Basil and Toby.
Quinn: You can't. I liked Toby first!
Galen: YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE! JESUS LOVES ME, AND I’M BATMAN.

While watching The Neverending Story:
Quinn: SEE THAT? THAT IS A TROLL.
Brock: No, trolls are in Harry Potter. That’s a rock god or something.
Quinn: I HAVE A SHIRT THAT SAYS THAT *I* AM THE GOD OF ROCK.
Brock: Rock music and things made out of rocks are not the same thing.
Quinn: PROVE IT.

I can never foretell where Galen's questions are going to go:
Galen: Jessie, do you know what the mascot of awesome is?
Me: No, what is it.
Galen: ME!
Me: Is there a mascot besides you?
Galen: Yep. There is Dumbledore and the Doctor (the 10th one not 11, because I don't like 11), and T-Rex.


They were playing Superheroes:
Quinn: JESSIE! THIS IRON MAN HELMET IS TOO HARD TO GET ON.
Me: Here, let me help you.
Quinn: NOW IT IS TOO TIGHT! I CAN BARELY BE IRON MAN WITHOUT GOING BLIND!
Me: Did you ever consider that your head might be too big for this mask?
Quinn: YEAH! MY HEAD IS REALLY HUGE BECAUSE I’M TONY STARK!



No comments:

Post a Comment