Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My name is Jessica and I have a problem...

My name is Jessica and I have a problem..... I'm addicted to otter pops. The popsicle not the alcoholic beverage (I only recently found out about this other version). I haven't had one since I moved to Baltimore approximately eight months ago and I have been going through withdrawals ever since I left Idaho. I think that qualifies as a major addiction (it wouldn't surprise me if there was crack laced into each tube of heavenly goodness).


If you've been my friend for a while, I have probably introduced you to this addiction of mine. I'm single handedly responsible for almost a dozen new otter pop addicts during my last two years of undergrad alone. Otter pops are tubes of frozen, sugary deliciousness!


There are many who will argue with me about the hierarchy of flavors (*cough cough* Ryan Marcum) but the following is my list from most to least favorite (it's my blog and I can post what I want to):
Orange > Fruit Punch > Lime > Strawberry > Grape > Blue Raspberry
And yes, I can tell you the names and personality of each otter that represents each flavor. Don't judge me.
Besides my apparent addiction, you maybe wondering why do otter pops deserve a whole blog post to themselves. The main reason is to celebrate the fact that I finally found a place (After 8 months of searching! And no, I'm not joking.) that sells them in Baltimore! 
How did I discover the magical place that sells these positively sinful popsicles? Yesterday, I was on my way out of my apartment building when I passed my friend Ryan (who is not the same Ryan as mentioned above) carrying a box of otter pops. I'm ashamed to say that I literally accosted him for the location where he bought them.
He told me about a magical Rite Aid on Falls Rd where I'd find the object of my desire. So today I conducted Operation Obtain Otter Pops which was a success (as can be seen by above photos) and I have shoved as many as possible into my already overcrowded freezer.
Now all I have to do is wait as patiently as possible for them to freeze so I can eat them. Maybe it is time to start OPA (Otter Pops Anonymous)...

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a genuine Otter Pop in years, but Little Orphan Orange was always my favorite. It's the only name I can really remember, too.

    ReplyDelete